Bennett Baptist Church was organized July 20, 1911 by sixteen charter members, following a revival held under a brush arbor in Bennett. They agreed upon the name Bennett Baptist Church and were granted admission to the Sandy Creek Association in October. J.H and Isaac Dunlap donated land for a building. The church was completed in 1914, and dedicated in May 1916.
The present sanctuary and adjoining classrooms were built in 1953 with an Educational-Fellowship Building added in the early 1960’s. The church went full time on May 1, 1969. The parsonage was built in 1971.
Other projects since that time include:
Parking lot and driveway paving
Renovation of the front of the church to include a porch with columns and rails, vestibule, and two additional rooms, and a new steeple.
Building of a new fellowship hall to accommodate 200 people
Purchase of 1small and 1 large bus
Building constructed for housing the buses and picnic area
Added a new education building
From the date of the organization, the church has had 14 pastors: L.P. Soots, K.C. Horner, D.E. Deacon, W.H. Strickland, A.G. Lassiter, J.C. Kidd, J.L. Martin, C.M. Strickland, Merritt Leonard, Bennie Maness, Claude J. Johnson, John R. Bouldin, Robert E. Webb, and Timothy L. Strider who is our present pastor.